Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Smash... hm

I'm a sucker for arts-related shows--that's a no-brainer, since my debut novel is about rival singers. So I got really, really excited when "Glee" first appeared. I loved that show until it became what "Glee" is now, which is... just not something I want to spend any real amount of time on.

Lately I've been watching "Smash," which had a lot of promise in those early episodes--plus it's about rival singers, so what's not to like? Now, though, I'm debating whether I still like it. This great article from the New Yorker sums up why pretty well, though I don't agree with every point (I'm not a huge Ivy fan, for example). I found it well-written, fun to read and spot-on in parts. If you have a love-hate relationship with this show, you might agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! Just keep your comments respectful and be kind to others, please.